Christmas and the holiday season are a time of joy and celebration but for some it can also be a difficult time of year. You can make a difference by giving them the gift of conversation.
If there’s someone who’s finding this time of year tough you can make a difference by checking in and having meaningful conversations with the people in your world who:
- Are grieving
- Have had a tough year
- Don’t feel safe in their home
- Are struggling financially
- Have been affected by natural disasters
- Are working over the holidays
- Find the holiday season stressful
- Are unwell
- Have challenging family relationships
- Are spending the holidays alone
- Feel excluded at this time
- Are feeling overwhelmed by world events
Check out the R U OK Holiday Hub for tips to help you stay connected this holiday season. You’re welcome to share the free videos, posters, and social tiles to encourage conversations in your workplace and community.